Apprentice Rack Wirer APPLICATION SOLUTIONS (SAFETY AND SECURITY) LIMITED
As an apprentice rack wirer you will be undertaking public address and voice alarm (PA/VA) communication systems build functions as assigned within the projects department. You will participate in the build of systems and products within the calculated times to ASL standards, you will also liaise with purchasing and Inventory manager for consumable goods.
Closing date: 15 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
31 Mar 2024
19 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Build of systems and products within the calculated times to ASL standards.
- Completing systems and products with minimal errors.
- Correct completion of all relevant product records.
- Checking availability of parts for product build.
- Liaising with Purchasing and Inventory manager for consumable goods.
- Identifying errors in production notes and drawings.
- Any other responsibilities as issued by line manager.
The training you will be getting
Engineering Fitter L3 Apprenticeship Standard - This will include on-site training at ASL Zenitel and day release attendance at college delivered by SIGTA in Eastbourne.
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will have achieved the following qualifications;
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 2 Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering NVQ
- Level 3 Electrical/Electronic Engineering NVQ
The final apprenticeship completion certificate will be issued on achievement of the above qualification and successful completion of end point assessment.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- To become a fully trained and qualified rack wirer with Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Limited
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Science, ICT (Grade 4/5 C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
APPLICATION SOLUTIONS (SAFETY AND SECURITY) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.