Teaching Assistant Apprentice ST MODWENS CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Exciting opportunity to work in a Catholic primary school, under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher. Provide specific support to the teacher in the care of pupils and management of the classroom.
Closing date: 03 Mar 2024
PLEASE NOTE: This is a term time only role so your yearly wage will be £7011.18 based on total paid weeks of 44.85 and total working weeks of 39. The above salary is the full time equivalent
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
25 Mar 2024
19 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Support to Pupils – To support Class Teacher/PE Lead/Teaching Assistants/Midday Supervisors to:
- Provide pastoral support to pupils within the school environment.
Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health including first aid and welfare matters. To participate in school First Aid Rota
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers
- To contribute to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are promoted for pupils
- Involvement in the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour/Support/Mentoring plans
- Arrange medical/dental visits as appropriate
- Provide general support to pupils, ensuring their safety, by complying with good H&S practice
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Assisting the children with their table manners and use of cutlery and assisting with the cutting of meat etc. for smaller children
- Patrolling the playground and “out of bounds” areas regularly
- Organise and deliver sports activities and encourage participation at lunchtimes
- Where the children dine away from the school, escorting them to and from the school dining room
- Supervision of children before, during and after the meal, including the supervising of children to deposit leftover food from plates into receptacles provided
- Supervision of children bringing sandwiches - to oversee that the debris left by children with packed lunches is removed/cleaned
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Record and report cause for concerns using school safeguarding systems (CPOMS)
A full job description can be made available on request.
The training you will be getting
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Teaching Assistant
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Day Release every week at Tamworth Campus (term-time only)
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The possibility of a permanent position for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
0300 456 2424
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.