Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Bicton CE Primary School and Nursery
Bicton Primary and Nursery School are offering an Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship opportunity. Working under the guidance of the teaching staff and nominated Teaching Assistants and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work / care / support programmes with individuals or groups, in or out of the classroom.
Closing date: 18 Mar 2024
This pay rate is above National Minimum Wage
The rate of pay is between £7.49 and £10.42 per hour. Payment is made for 43.60 weeks per year. Your annual salary will be between £10,205.12 and £14,197.25 depending on your age.
Total hours per week: 31.25
Possible start date
02 Apr 2024
20 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
1) Attend to pupils’ personal needs and assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education / Behaviour / Support / Mentoring plans and Personal Care Programmes / Strategies.
2) Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
3) Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
4) Assist with the planning of the curriculum by providing safe, creative and appropriate educational opportunities for all children within an inclusive environment, preparing activities, organising programmes and arranging equipment.
5) Provide the Nursery Leader with objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, on pupil achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence.
6) Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established school policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
7) Implement programmes linked to local and national learning strategies e.g., literacy, numeracy, early years etc. as directed by the Nursery Leader and Reception teacher.
8) Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Support with English and Maths (if required)
- First Aid qualification
- Work based learning
- End Point Assessment
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to be offered a full-time employment within the school.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
JUNIPER TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.