Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Gorsemoor Primary School
Are you interested in becoming a Teaching Assistant? Gorsemoor Primary School have an amazing Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice opportunity available. You will be responsible for supporting the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning either in groups or individually while promoting self-belief, social inclusion and high self-esteem.
Closing date: 04 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
02 Apr 2024
21 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Supporting children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety by complying with good health and safety practice
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Undertake routine administrative tasks, e.g. pupil record-keeping as requested
- Appropriate liaison with parents on general pupil matters
- Provide pastoral support to pupils within the school environment
- Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health including first aid and welfare matters
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers
- To contribute to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are promoted for all pupils
- Involvement in the implementation of Individual Education / Behaviour / Support / Mentoring plans
- Provide general support to pupils, ensuring their safety, by complying with good health and safety practice and school policies
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities and opportunities
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard.
Support with English and Maths (if required).
Work based learning.
End Point Assessment.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There is a possibility of being offered a full time position on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
JUNIPER TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.