An opportunity has arisen with Parkview Pharmacy. The successful candidate will be working in the business environment close to their home, attending face to face or on-line classes improving knowledge in business and administration.
Closing date: 27 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
28 Mar 2024
15 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Input to relevant computerised databases, creating and running reports
- Providing administrative support
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Monitoring and securing payment for services delivered.
- Preparing statements and invoices
- Month end processes
- Processing prescriptions prior to sending to PPA.
- Ensuring all invoices are paid.
- Co-ordination of repeat prescriptions
- Updating SCR and PQS
- Checking price lists for retail and other medicines
- Ordering non pharmaceutical stock
- Supporting the medicine delivery process
- Preparing and produce reports on drug purchasing, endorsement, claims (expensive items)
- Liaison between nursing homes and GP
The training you will be getting
- Business Administrator Level 3 Diploma
- Apprentice will be attending face to face and on-line teaching sessions.
- The training will be block release
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- There are multiple positions available for the good candidates after the apprenticeship such as office manager/coordinator, team leader/supervisor, specialist roles, etc.
- Successful candidate can choose to progress into further training or full employment
- There is the opportunity to develop and progress within the organisation if the apprenticeship is completed successfully.
- You can progress your way up to Management Level
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
INSPIRE MIDDLESEX COLLEGE LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.