Safety, health & environment apprentice level 3 PRECISION COLOUR PRINTING LIMITED
We're passionate about the power of print. We strive for perfection across print media, delivering a reliable, flexible and responsive service and operating with respect for our employees and the environment. We have an opportunity to train on the job with this excellent role for someone wanting to start a career in Health, Safety and Environment.
Closing date: 21 Mar 2024
Wages will increase yearly.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
25 Mar 2024
18 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This role is a fantastic opportunity to learning H,S & E in a fast-moving consumer goods role.
The role is responsible for supporting the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager in coordinating a range of activities relating to relevant management systems across all departments at the Telford site.
Additionally, to carry out a range of tasks to ensure health, safety, and environmental legal compliance. Also, to maintain standards as required for meeting our Environment Permit, FSC/PEFC, SMETA, Tesco Technical, and ISO 9001/14001 accreditation.
Whilst doing so, to build knowledge and skills gained to enable the candidate to complete the Safety, Health, and Environment Technician Level 3 (Apprenticeship).
- To complete requirements as per Safety, Health, & Environment Technician Level 3 Standard
- Carry out Health, Safety and Environment audits/checks on site as required
- Assist in Accident/ Incident investigation (i.e., collating evidence, interviewing persons involved)
- Manage and maintain relevant records on ‘Q-Pulse’ management system
- Manage and maintain site accident/incident statistics and provide reports as required by the HSE Manager and Operations Director
- Manage and maintain up to date records for First Aiders, Mental Health First Aiders, Fire Marshals, and Mechanical Handling Equipment (Forklift Truck Operators)
- Collate ‘Waste Management’ records and organise collections from relevant providers
- Manage and maintain PHS site visits to maintain welfare, hygiene, and fatigue matting on site
- Manage and maintain First Aid stocks (including Eye Wash stations)
- Manage and maintain PPE records for site (including maintenance of stock and issuing of items)
- To raise relevant Purchase Orders for Health, Safety and Environment items. To maintain records of spend and produce reports as required by the HSE Manager
- Manage and maintain relevant HSE noticeboards around site, making sure content is correct and up to date
- Assist in the managing, maintenance, and development of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Procedures, and Policies as part of the relevant management systems
- Assist in the implementation of the HSE Plan to develop continuous improvement of Health, Safety and Environment on site
- Assist in all external audits for accreditation and compliance (i.e., Environment Permit, FSC/PEFC, SMETA, Tesco Technical, and ISO 9001/14001 accreditation)
- Maintain relevant Health, Safety and Environment training records/ matrix
- Additional tasks/ activities as may be required from time to time.
- Assistance in Quality related items as part of transition of responsibilities within team
- To ‘Champion’ the Health, Safety and Environment proposition for the site. Setting an example by following all relevant legislation relating to Health, Safety and Environment and Company policies and procedures
The training you will be getting
This is a two-year apprenticeship resulting in a Level 3 Safety, Health and Environmental apprenticeship qualification.
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Safety, Health & Environment Technician
- Level 3 Occupational Health & Safety
- IOSH Managing Safety
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Health & Safety
- Learners must complete 83 days off the job training within their workplace covering the assessment & project needs for the qualification and this must be logged and accounted for within their learning log
Training will be mainly at the company site but there will be occasions when the apprentice may need to attend the training provider, In-Comm Training Services, at either their Walsall or Telford sites (whichever is the closest).
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Full support given to candidate to achieve further qualifications
- Goals will be set from the outset to enable clarity of progression and milestones
- All of the above will be discussed at relevant times
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Safety, health and environment technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.