Early Years Apprenticeship GODSTONE FARM PARK DAY NURSERY LIMITED
We are looking for an early years apprentice. You'll be expected to develop and maintain the day-to-day organising and functionality of the setting provisions, and to provide a happy, secure and stimulating environment in which the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and psychological development of the children is taken into full account.
Closing date: 29 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Apr 2024
13 Dec 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- To encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence
- To support the day-to-day responsibility for the efficient running of the setting facility
- To ensure that developmental records for your key group are kept up to date
- To support your colleagues and work as part of a team in providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all children (ages range from 6 weeks to 13 years dependent on the setting)
- To assist in the development of an attractive stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays relevant to the age and needs of the children in the setting, which encourage independence, self-motivation and eagerness to learn
- To treat the information of matters relating to the work within the setting as confidential
- To ensure the highest standards of safety, hygiene and welfare whilst maintaining adequate supervision of the conduct of the children attending the setting
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- To help support the management team to ensure that the Ofsted standards including EYFS are followed at all times
- To support the management team in striving to deliver an outstanding setting
- Any other duties that may be required
The training you will be getting
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for The Early Years Practitioner:
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
No day release to college is required as meetings will take place via Microsoft Teams calls or visits to the setting.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possibility of gaining a full-time working contract upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
EDUCATION AND SKILLS TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.