The Cathedral School of St Mary, are seeking to appoint enthusiastic & self-motivated Apprentice to assist delivery of P.E opportunities for children in our school. You will champion P.E, sport and health, will organise and lead safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes, lunchtimes, after school and support teachers to deliver PE lessons.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
03 Mar 2024
12 Dec 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- You will be a physical activity role model for children in your school.
- Will support teachers whilst they deliver PE lessons.
- Will lead and support physical activities and sport activities in the extra-curricular programme including breakfast clubs, playtimes and after the school day.
- Support the PE School Lead/ Headteacher with day to day management tasks. E.g. administrative, noticeboards, equipment, management of teams at competitions on and off the school site.
- Lead and support other physical activity projects (as identified by the school) to encourage more children to be physically active. E.g. delivery of targeted activities, parental engagement projects, developing young people as leaders, developing school to community links, personal challenge activities, organise & deliver playground activities, youth sports forums.
- The role may include working alongside national and local sporting initiatives.
- Provide other support in classroom settings as determined by the school (Eg; Literacy support with small groups, Active Maths)
- Supporting PE throughout the school.
- Helping to deliver lunchtime clubs.
- Helping to deliver after school clubs.
- Support the preparation of school teams for festivals and competitions.
- Taking small groups of children for activities.
- Support the administration of PE and School sport • Support within other curriculum areas such as maths and English as required.
- Maintain sports noticeboard.
- Maintain PE equipment cupboard.
- To work collaboratively with class teachers.
- Prepare lesson resources,To maintain the professional conduct expected of a member of school staff and adhere to all school policies at all times.
The training you will be getting
On Level 2 Community Activator Coach standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out
- Training will take place one day a month at Home Park
- Apprenticeship standard Community Activator Coach
- Training provider - Plymouth Argyle Community Trust Home Park, Outland Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL2 3DQ
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
There will also be support given if the successful candidate wants to progress into university or gain a full-time school role after completing the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.