Leadgate Surgery offers primary medical services to over 6,000 patients in the Leadgate/Consett area. An excellent apprenticeship opportunity is available to join the team. Your role will involve answering telephones, reception duties, meeting and greeting patients, preparing repeat prescriptions and dealing with patient enquiries.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
25 Mar 2024
14 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Working in partnership with colleagues to promote a culture of continuous improvement in the development of the Practice in line with NHS requirements and Practice priorities.
- Ensure that clinicians are relieved of as many administrative tasks as possible consistent with the relevant clinical governance policies and procedures.
- Answering patient enquiries in person and via telephone / online.
- Booking appointments.
- Preparing repeat medication requests.
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship Standard
All training will be delivered in the workplace.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate, a position will be available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Customer service specialist
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.