We are looking for an individual to work individually and as part of a team under the direction of the team leader to ensure the total care of children through planning, organising and implementing age-stage-appropriate activities, interacting and engaging with children to support their development.
Closing date: 29 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Apr 2024
12 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
* Communicate with children, parents and staff on a daily basis
* Ability to implement positive play experiences
* Interacting and engaging with children to support their development.
* To maintain a safe and secure and hygienic environment for children.
* To supervise children at mealtimes.
* Ensure good timekeeping, smart appearance, personal hygiene and good work practices.
*To respect confidentiality regarding the nursery at all times.
*Work positively within the team structure and be included in staff duty rotas.
* To work within a team and maintain good communication.
The training you will be getting
CACHE Level 3 Diploma for The Early Years Workforce:
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This qualification is structured around the following four themes:
- Health and well-being
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
- You will also complete a first aid qualification.
The training will take place within the educational setting with no day release required to college and you will have regular reviews with your tutor every 4 - 6 weeks.
You will also gain a qualification in Paediatric First Aid.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possibility of a full time permanent position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass) Essential
About the employer
EDUCATION AND SKILLS TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.