Building Service Design Engineer Level 6 - Apprentice Consultant LCMB BUILDING PERFORMANCE LTD
LCMB is offering an exciting opportunity as an Apprentice Consultant, where you can kickstart your career and gain valuable hands-on experience in the workplace. We specialise in delivering building optimisation projects that aim to enhance a building's workplace, infrastructure, facilities, energy consumption, resources, and performance.
Closing date: 17 Apr 2024
Workplace pension scheme with 7% employer contribution, 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, EV salary sacrifice scheme, Cycle to work scheme, 4 x gross salary in death service benefit. Travel expenses to the university will be compensated.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Sep 2024
11 Dec 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What you will do in your working day
Unlike the traditional university route, this opportunity allows you to work alongside a team of professionals, giving you real-world exposure and the chance to apply your knowledge in a professional setting.
You'll be able to make a tangible impact and contribute to meaningful projects.
- This would involve one day a week study at LSBU and four days a week working in our office working on client projects.
- Our services include Net Zero Carbon Energy Services, Project and Facilities Management consultancy, and Workplace Performance consultancy and project works would be within these categories.
- You can expect to be working on a client report, analysing data and attending client sites.
The training you will be getting
- The Building Services Design Engineering Apprenticeship includes a degree qualification in Building Services Engineering BEng (Hons) and a qualification leading towards Incorporated Engineer status. Building services engineering covers the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of all the things that make a building safe, comfortable, energy efficient and functional.
- For more information about the course, please visit the LSBU website here: https://www.lsbu.ac.uk/study/course-finder/building-services-design-engineering-apprenticeship#overview
- Four days a week based in our office in Adderbury, Oxfordshire, with the opportunity for occasional home working and visiting client sites. One day a week studying at London South Bank University.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- LCMB is committed to your professional growth. We believe in nurturing talent and providing a clear pathway for your development.
- We would expect you to advance to a junior consultant after completing your degree with a clear development plan to progress through to Senior Consultant level.
- There may be an opportunity to achieve Chartered Engineer status following completing your degree.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade B) Essential
A Level or equivalent Chemistry or Physics (Grade B) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Level 3 Extended Diploma DDM Engineering (Grade DDM or UCAS Points 128) Desired
Other Building services engineering technician Level 3 (Grade DD or UCAS point 96) Desired
Other Construction: Design surveying and planning (Grade T Level merit or above) Desired
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Building services design engineer (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.