We are looking for an Apprentice Early Years Educator to join us here at Sandbach Primary Academy. You will work towards your Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Qualification whilst having duties such as safeguarding the children, play time, assisting other members of staff plus much more.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
19 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Assisting trained members of staff in taking care of the children
- Following Safeguarding procedures at all times
- To understand and work to nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children
- To be a key person
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- Working within a nursery setting but may get asked to help in other rooms when needed
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Early Years Apprenticeship Qualification
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- Functional Skills level 2 in English and maths if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There may be a full-time position available upon successful completition of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C+) Desired
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maxim Business Training
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.