Advanced/Level 3 Apprentice Pharmacy Technician St Albans Pharmacy
St Albans Pharmacy in Bulwell, Nottingham, is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Technician. We may also consider a Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship for the right person.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
07 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Main duties that you will receive full training to carry out include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialized products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address
You will need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre once a week for training once the next day release group for Pharmacy Technicians is planned to commence from 8 February 2024.
However the employer is looking to interview and start employment as soon as they find a suitable candidate.
The training you will be getting
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full standard Pharmacy Technician (Integrated) Level 3.
You will need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre once a week for 2 years for training. The next day release group for Pharmacy Technicians is planned to commence from 8 February 2024.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Depending on performance, the potential of ongoing employment as a qualified Pharmacy Technician once the apprenticeship has been successfully completed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
St Albans Pharmacy
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.