Under the direction/instruction of senior staff: Provide general admin and reception support at Westlands Academy. You will join, and be supported by, a team of administration colleagues dedicated to providing high-quality and efficient administrative services, who are experienced in supporting colleagues through the apprenticeship process.
Closing date: 10 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
05 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Postholders working to this job description may undertake any of the following main duties and responsibilities:
- To deal with enquiries by telephone and face to face, and ensure that they are dealt with effectively and efficiently e.g. answering routine queries and taking messages where appropriate
- Overseeing the correct operation of the telephone network
- To ensure that visitors to the school are received courteously and punctually whilst observing the appropriate security procedures
- Dealing with enquiries from staff and pupils as appropriate
- Routine photocopying and document collation
- Undertaking a variety of clerical duties including filing
- Provide cover/assistance to other members of staff as required
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children with whom you come into contact, including adhering to all specified procedures
- To carry out your duties with full regard to the Trust’s Equality Policy
- To comply with Health and Safety policies, organisation's statements and procedures, report any incidents/accidents/hazards and take a proactive approach to health and safety matters to protect both yourself and others
Any other duties of a similar nature related to the post which may be required from time to time.
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Business Administration at Stockton Riverside College
- Functional Skills maths and English, if required
- Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.