Apprentice Administration Assistant STOCKSBRIDGE MEDICAL GROUP
This apprenticeship is a great opportunity for you to work in a medical environment completing day to day admin duties. This will be a face to face receptionist role. Your role will involve telephone communications, emailing, filing, managing appointments and reporting to senior staff.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
08 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits into the visit book, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to the Duty Doctor
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, either on the computer or manually
- Prepare lists and notes for all surgeries and clinics held, ensuring completion of all associated paperwork
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for the same
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
- Patient notes and correspondence, the practice is paper light:
- Ensure up to date maintenance of filing system
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen
- Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff
- Ensure waiting areas and foyers both internally and externally are free from litter. Check children’s play area for safety and tidiness
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Filing notes and retrieving paperwork
- Computer data entry / data allocation and collation, processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
- Clearing and re-stock consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to Practice and Trust staff as required from time to time, including word / data processing, filing, photocopying, scanning and shredding
- Duties may include visits to Post Office and local shops
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners or the Practice Manager
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Business Admin Standard to be delivered during the apprenticeship.
The location of the training will be at Construction Design Centre, Cricket Inn Road, Manor Lane, S2 1TR.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.