Equine Groom Apprentice for the prestigious Billy Stud The Billy Stud
Prestigious Show jumping and Sport Horse Yard based in the Surrey Hills near Dorking are looking to recruit a passionate and dedicated equine apprentice (Level 2) to join their world class team. They are offering the right candidate the opportunity to learn from one of the very best yards with riding for right candidate.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
01 Dec 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Daily yard duties to include:
- Looking after the horses to a high standard
- Possibility of grooming at shows for the right person and once trained
- Opportunity to learn from the best
- Riding of green youngsters
The training you will be getting
Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- All training will be carried out at the employer's premises, supported by the employer, and carried out by Haddon Training
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the successful candiate may have the opportunity to enrol onto the advanced (level 3) apprenticeship or to join The Billy Stud as a full-time member of the team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.