Purchasing & Admin Apprentice ELECTROSTEEL CASTINGS (UK) LTD
This role will provide the chance to learn basic business and real-world skills, such as; money management, stock and order control and learning how to professionally communicate with external suppliers/customers and colleagues.
Closing date: 07 Mar 2024
apprentice rate for year 1, and as a minimum rise to National living wage in year 2
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 Mar 2024
01 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Decision making & problem solving: one of the tasks will include entering the supplier market to find the best deals, this will help your networking skills, as well as develop relationships with suppliers for future purchases
- Attention to detail & leadership: stock management, ensuring our stock levels are always at a good quantity, this will require being proactive with re-ordering items
- Proactive & project management: you’ll be learning computer-based skills for raising purchase orders, which could also include checking the quality and quantity of these items and booking them in
- Research & creativity: it’s not all about the price of a product, you will be learning if a product is efficient. Does a more expensive product last a lot longer than a cheaper item? These kinds of skills will provide you with an opportunity to make key decisions that can benefit the company
- Skills management & collaboration: the procurement side of the job will allow you to learn and understand importing; from a vessel arriving in the UK to customs clearing the goods for delivery to our sites
- Interpersonal communication & teamwork: you will learn how to plan a full schedule of container deliveries into our yards. Thus, providing another chance to communicate professionally with external clients, like the shipping companies, the haulage firms, but also internally with our site yard supervisors and maybe the most important of them all, our sales team. These guys will need to know when the goods are coming in, so they can relay the information back to our customers
- Fluidity & organisation: on arrival you will be expected to book goods into stock, and this is where the purchasing and procurement flow into each other
The training you will be getting
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be
expected to work towards the Business Administration Level 3, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The roles we are recruiting are intended to be permanent with the candidate becoming part of the ECL team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.