Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice at Ashgrove Park Day Nursery Ashgrove Park Day Nursery
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning years sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Closing date: 08 Mar 2024
Looking to recruit an apprentice that already has a Level 2 qualification so salary will start from: 18-20 year olds £19337.50 pa to start Over 21's £23318.75pa Over 23's £23887.50pa.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
25 Mar 2024
01 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active.
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual needs of individual children - Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children.
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take apart with day-to-day learning and play activities.
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well-presented.
Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner.
- To contribute to high-quality caring environment for children, this includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
Being able to understand and implement the setting's confidentiality policy.
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
The training you will be getting
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Please refer to the DfE list of approved EYE qualifications:
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking their end point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirements are Entry Level 3, and the British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for apprentices for whom this is their primary language.
Apprentices must successfully complete the Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
You will be required to complete Functional Skills mathematics and English (where applicable), Employment Rights and Responsibilities and British Values.
Location: South Gloucestershire and Stroud College -Filton Campus
Duration: 18-24 months
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There is a possibility of permanent employment on completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent Level 2 Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.