Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Little Orchards Montessori Woodlands Ivybridge
Little Orchards Nursery are looking for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice to join their friendly team in our Lee Mill setting. You will supervise and ensure the safety of children in the childcare facility, plus more.
Closing date: 20 Apr 2024
£158.40 per week, based on a 30 hour week, £5.28 per hour. Any overtime above 40 hours per week, will be paid at the appropriate national minimum wage depending on age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
21 May 2024
08 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
You will be supervised by a qualified member of staff, who will show you all the company policies and procedures required for this position, including Health and Safety in the workplace. You will be required to make sure that the nursery areas are clean and tidy at the end of the day, in preparation for the following day.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of children in the childcare facility
- Engage children in age-appropriate activities and educational experiences
- Assist with basic care routines, including feeding and diaper changing
- Support educators in implementing educational curriculum and activities
- Maintain a clean and organised childcare environment, following safety protocols
- Document children's behaviour, growth, and development
- Communicate effectively with parents and guardians about children's progress
- Collaborate with fellow childcare staff to create a nurturing atmosphere
- Acquire essential first aid and CPR certification for emergency response
- Engage in continuous professional development to improve childcare skills and stay current with best practices
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard Apprenticeship.
Functional skills in maths and English (if required).
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification, you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The employer is very committed to staff development and training, and to assist the successful apprentice to progress through all their training with a view to future employment.
Once having completed the Level 2 qualification, there will be an opportunity to work towards an Advanced Level 3 to further enhance your skills.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-1 equivalent to A*-G) Desired
About the employer
Little Orchards Montessori Woodlands Ivybridge
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.