Apprentice Metrology Technician TORUS MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS LIMITED
Apprentice Metrology Technician required to work within the Torus UKAS laboratory at our Nedge Hill, Telford site. The job role will involve carrying out calibration and inspection of parts using various 2D and 3D co-ordinate systems and measuring equipment, data analysis and programming.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2024
after completing the first year, the wage will increase to £10.42 per hour (£21,131.76)
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Sep 2024
30 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The candidate will work within the Torus UKAS laboratory as an apprentice Metrology Technician. Duties will include:
- Using a variety of equipment to carry out calibration and inspections in line with ISO 17025 and ISO 9001
- Programming using various 2D and 3D co-ordinate systems
- Assisting with internal measurements solutions
- Data analysis
- General associated administration
- Working within the Quality Management and Health and Safety policies at all times
- Applying 'Best Engineering Practice' at all times
Once fully trained you will carry out visits to customer sites as and when required and deliver programming training to customers both at Torus and customer sites.
The training you will be getting
This is a Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship delivered over a period of 4 years, with further progression to HNC Level 4 after completion.
You will be required to attend the training centre, In-Comm Training Services in Telford TF3 3AJ, 2.5 days per week for the first two years as part of the training, with other working days at the company site.
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Technical Support
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Progression to HNC level 4 Engineering & Manufacturing Technician, leading to Metrology Engineer.
This will be a customer facing role afterwards.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.