Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Sileby Redlands Community Primary School
This apprenticeship course is for new and inexperienced Early Years Practitioners and will develop the knowledge, skills and Early Years behaviours to make the transition to becoming confident and able team member.
Closing date: 07 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
08 Mar 2024
29 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- To assist is the well-being, safety and security of the children including the locking of doors, windows and gates in accordance with safeguarding procedures
- To understand and effectively apply school and Trust policies related to the post especially those that relate to safeguarding and child protection
- Assist in the implementation of high-quality care and learning
- To work as a fully integrated team member
- To help prepare the work area for the arrival of the children, to provide a varied and stimulating play environment
- Help display the children’s work
- Help to toilet children in accordance with school procedures and intimate care policy
- Help feed babies and younger children
- Help with the care of equipment, toys and the learning environment, helping to keep them clean and maintain in good order (adhering to COSHH regulations and practices) as required inclusive but not exhaustive of sweeping, dusting, toilet cleaning, mopping and use of vacuum cleaner
- To follow instructions from senior staff and learn to work on own initiative
- In consultation with the Headteacher, identify and undertake appropriate training and development
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Early Years qualification.
- You may also need to work towards maths and English Functional Skills at Level 2 if not exempt
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- To take on a permentant role within the school and continue training development
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.