AAAsports are one of the largest gymnastics and trampoline providers in the North of England. Working towards becoming a qualified gymnastics and/or trampoline coach, gaining experience of delivery with club and school environments, including festivals and events and learning administration skills including the use of numerous software applications
Closing date: 29 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
08 Apr 2024
29 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
AAAsports are one of the largest Gymnastics & Trampoline providers in the North of England, working with members of all ages and abilities, in addition to schools and youth groups.
Due to increased demand, we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic Apprentices to join our team. Successful candidates will experience a wide range of fun and challenging situations, in an apprenticeship position where no two days are ever the same!
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and qualifications within a coaching environment, with excellent future career opportunities with AAAsports beyond the initial apprenticeship, including full-time positions and additional qualifications for the right candidate.
- Working towards becoming a qualified gymnastics and/or trampoline coach
- Gaining experience of delivery with club and school environments, including festivals and events
- Learning administration skills including the use of numerous software applications
- Developing customer service skills and rapport building techniques with a variety of participants and spectators
- Assisting with the setting up and derigging of equipment
- Completing safeguarding training and maintaining a safe environment for everyone partaking in activities
- Working with a varied team in numerous different roles throughout the business
- Any other duties identified by your line manager that may occasionally arise
The training you will be getting
- Community Activator Coach Standard Level 2
- All training will take place at the employer's premises
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Candidates who successfully complete the apprenticeship along with the additional coaching qualifications offered may be offered full-time employment with AAAsports in a variety of coaching and/or administration positions, in addition to further qualification opportunities through the AAAsports Coach Education Programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.