early years educator apprenticeship KIDDICARE NURSERY LTD
A local Nursery in Pinner/Harrow is looking for Early Years educator Level 3 Apprentice to join their growing team, whilst studying towards a nationally recognised qualification. Apprentice will be working directly with children, skilfully leading day-to-day practice. You will be involved in preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development, plus more.
Closing date: 25 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
10 Mar 2024
28 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To work as part of a team in planning and implementing an agreed programme of activities to meet the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To attend out of working hours activities e.g., training, staff meetings (at least every half term), outings, open days, Christmas Party etc.
- To work your agreed hours as set by the college/school. (if applicable)
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery
- Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g., preparation of snack meals
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’; be constantly aware of the needs of the children
- To respect confidentiality of information received and to not discuss children with their parents/carers
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development
- Washing up/sweeping/clearing away toys and light equipment
- Helping children to put on their coats and shoes, etc.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Paediatric First Aid
- Functional Skills maths and English if required
- How training will be delivered is to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On successful completion of the apprenticeship and with mutual agreement between the apprentice and nursery, we endeavour to offer a full contract of employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4 +) Desired
About the employer
KIDDICARE NURSERY LTD
CROYDON SCHOOL OF ACCOUNTANCY AND MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.