Learning Support Assistant Apprentice Auriol Junior School
Auriol is an aspirational and forward-thinking school that places a high value on the professional growth of its staff. By becoming a part of our school community, you also join The Bourne Education Trust, providing opportunities for career progression through school secondments and continuous training, all while being engaged in full-time work. Duties: To support within and outside the classroom, the learning and emotional/social/behavioural needs of children receiving additional support in accordance with school policies To assist the class teacher in preparation and adaptation of learning materials/resources
Closing date: 07 Mar 2024
Hourly rate £11.04
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
08 Mar 2024
28 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To support within and outside the classroom, the learning and emotional/social/behavioural needs of children receiving additional support in accordance with school policies
- To assist the class teacher in preparation and adaptation of learning materials/resources
- To deliver interventions in accordance with training given
- To assist in the assessment of children’s needs to benchmark against targets set by the teachers
- Use specific feedback to help children make progress.
- To continually review the children’s support needs
- To communicate regularly with teachers to provide clarity and consistency of role within lessons
- To ensure children use technology safely
- To produce accurate records
- To use computer systems, including specialist software eg: online registration, intervention programmes and management information systems
- To attend team and all other meetings regarding both learner and curriculum development
- To promote and safeguard the welfare and wellbeing of children, young and vulnerable people that you are responsible for or come in to contact with.
- To participate proactively, positively, and professionally in effective relationships with team members and respond to all emails linked to your role.
The training you will be getting
You will be working towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard.
You may also need to work towards maths and English Functional Skills at Level 2 if not exempt.
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Gain a permanent role as a learning support assistant with pathway opportunities to complete a foundation degree and teaching apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.