Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2 Fig Tree Day Nursery
The apprenticeship is an opportunity learn about Childcare related topics in a classroom setting and a chance to gain valuable skills while working in a nursery setting. This is ideal for someone who is passionate about a career in childcare. You will learn about Safeguarding, the EYFS, First Aid to name a few things.
Closing date: 26 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
27 Feb 2024
06 Feb 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
· Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun.
· Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately.
· Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations.
· Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children.
The training you will be getting
· You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare
· Your classroom days will be based in central Birmingham taking place once a week for the first 13 weeks.
· You will gain an NVQ Level 2 with a view to continuing onto a Level 3.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
During this apprenticeship in childcare, you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or Above) Essential
About the employer
Fig Tree Day Nursery
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.