Reporting to the Head Chef, this position will suit an individual who enjoys a challenge and who is keen to progress there culinary skills. Ideally you will be looking for progression and want a long term position where you can thrive and learn lots! You will work towards your Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Qualification. Duties include: monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins and preparing, cooking and presenting dishes.
Closing date: 26 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
23 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Reporting to the Head Chef, this position will suit an individual who enjoys a challenge and who is keen to progress there culinary skills. Ideally you will be looking for progression and want a long term position where you can thrive and learn lots!
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes
- Running a section
- Managing and training any commis chefs working with you
- Helping the head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Have a passion for food using fresh, seasonal quality produce.
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Standard qualification.
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence
- Potential for full-time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C+) Desired
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maxim Business Training
Chef de partie
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.