SOS Home Care provides a person-centred service for clients in their own homes. We enable clients to live as independently as possible. The role of a Home Care Assistant involves personal care, meal preparation, medication, and support to access the community. You do not need to drive for the role as you will be based in one area.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
SOS will be paying 13.00 per hour weekdays 13.25 per hour on weekend We will be paying £5.28 when staff are attending college
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
03 Mar 2024
22 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- SOS Homecare are looking for enthusiastic, committed, and caring individuals to join our friendly, caring and supportive team
- SOS Home Care provides a person-centred service for clients in their own homes. We enable clients to live as independently as possible
- The role of a Home Care Assistant involves personal care, meal preparation, medication, and support to access the community. You do not need to drive for the role as you will be based in one area
- We aim to provide excellent service to all our service users, so that what we do makes a positive difference to their lives, enabling them as individuals to become more engaged in activities in their communities, to be more self-determining, enjoy meaningful relationships, enhance skills, abilities and quality of life.
We are looking for people with or without caring experience that want to make a difference in someone’s life. We will provide all our new starters with a full induction and then provide ongoing refresher training.
We have got an excellent training manager in post which gives our staff access to other courses on top of this. We are constantly looking to develop our staff and provide them with the opportunities to become experts within their fields. We offer a career, not just a job!
The training you will be getting
- To attend Warrington and Vale Royal College every 4 to 6 weeks to work towards your Adult Care Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Diploma in Care Qualification
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Once people have completed their course, they will become a full-time employee of SOS Homecare
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WARRINGTON & VALE ROYAL COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.