Intermediate Equine Groom Apprenticeship ESM EQUESTRIAN LTD
ESM Equestrian are looking for an apprentice to join the team. This is a fabulous opportunity for someone looking to start or progress their career in the equine industry. You will be working towards an Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship which includes a minimum of 12 months training, whilst working on the yard to gain experience for future roles. Duties include: indoor school, horse walking, and lunging horses in the pen.
Closing date: 04 Mar 2024
Wages will increase upon successful probation period, monetary allowance is provided when away at shows.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
12 Mar 2024
23 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The apprentice duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Travelling abroad to carry out grooming duties
- When in England, fulfilling all normal yard duties
- Caring for 20 horses
- Outdoor school x 2
- Indoor School
- Horse walking
- Lunging horses in the pen
There is no road hacking at ESM.
The training you will be getting
- All training will be carried out at the employer's premises, with the support of the employer, and will be delivered by Haddon Training.
- The successful candidate will be enrolled onto a Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship and will undertake a minimum of 12 months of training on their journey to achievment.
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- For the successful candidate, there may be the option to progress to the Level 3 Senior Equine Groom apprenticeship to join the ESM team. This will be discussed with the employer.
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.