Learning Support Assistant apprenticeship The Breakspear School
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic learning support assistant to join our team. If you are looking to kickstart your career supporting children in learning then this is a great way to start. The purpose of the role is to support the learning and development of children of all abilities across Key Stage 1 or 2.
Closing date: 21 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 29.0
Possible start date
22 Dec 2023
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- All staff are expected to act in a professional manner at all times
- All members of staff have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible, or with whom she/he has contact
- All staff need to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s safeguarding and child protection policies/procedures at all times
Direct Learning Support
- Supervise and provide support for pupils, including those with special needs, by the use of specialist curricular/learning skills, training and experience, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist the class teacher by carrying out activities with groups or individual pupils designed to increase their skills, understanding and knowledge. In particular, you will be expected to work with children having specific, significant and challenging needs
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Support pupils consistently while recognising and responding to their individual needs
Indirect Learning Support
- As appropriate, you will be required to attend to an individual’s personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Provide feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems, and so on
- If required, both keep appropriate notes on a specific pupil or group of pupils and present these as a detailed report (appropriate to both what has been observed and the Apprentice LSA's level of understanding, the key aspect is the ability to organise the notes to address a specific requirement
- Assist with the planning of learning activities, evaluating and adjusting lesson/work plans as appropriate
- Work with the teacher to establish and maintain an appropriate learning environment
Support for Teachers
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment/resources required as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use
- Promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Demonstrate a range of strategies to promote good behaviour and understand the importance of de-escalation techniques when dealing with challenging behaviour
- Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring activities against pre-determined learning objectives
- Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required on pupil achievement, progress and other matters ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
- Assist with the marking of pupils’ work and accurately record achievement and progress
The training you will be getting
Teaching Assistant Level 3.
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Full time role considered on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.