You will be supervising and supporting the teaching activities of individuals or groups of children/young people at Keresley Newland Primary Academy - to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical & emotional development.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Supervise and support the teaching activities of individuals or groups of children/young people to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical and emotional development
- Monitor individual pupil’s progress, achievements, problems, condition and development needs reporting to the responsible teacher as appropriate
- Assist the teacher in the development, delivery and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care Programmes for individuals or groups of
- Prepare and deliver programmes to support special needs e.g. Read Write Inc, one-to-one tuition, interventions etc following the guidelines and training given under the guidance of the teacher
- Assist the teacher with the planning of learning activities in the classroom or designated areas preparing or modifying work for individuals or groups of pupils as directed
- Use strategies in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Provide support for local and national learning strategies e.g. English, mathematics and early years
- Assist with the implementation of programmes designed by other professionals such as Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language therapists
- Assist the teacher with the administration of baseline/tests and other assessments
- Support the use of computing in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- To prepare and maintain equipment and teaching resources for lessons and activities including the control of stock within the classroom
- Prepare/clear classroom as directed before and after lessons, including the preparation of visual aids and the display and presentation of pupil’s work
The training you will be getting
Training for this qualification will be provided by ourselves at SCCU Group, an Ofsted good training provider. Our tuition is all delivered in the workplace and bespoke to your particular role.
- Support in Teaching & Learning Level 3 Standard, 18 months practical with an additional 2 months End Point Assessment period.
- Functional Skills in Maths, English (if required).
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possibility of a substantive position on completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Desired
About the employer
THE FUTURES TRUST
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.