Early Years Educator Apprenticeship SUNSHINE DAY NURSERY (YORK) LTD
We would like to offer you the chance to build a career in childcare and employ your own personal talents to make a difference to young lives and shape your own future. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative childcare apprentice to join our team at Sunshine Day Nursery.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This job role will include the following tasks:
· To plan, organise, supervise and carry out suitable activities and educational programme for children, using the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
· To maintain a safe and secure and hygienic environment for children.
· To support the staff team with children’s developmental records within a key worker system.
· To attend staff meetings, planning meetings and assist with fund raising and any other duties the manager deems necessary.
· To keep abreast of current issues and attend training as necessary.
· To supervise children at mealtimes.
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Early Years Educator
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English (If required)
Paediatric First Aid Certificate
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once qualified apprentices would be able to take a supervisory role within an Early Years setting or move onto the Level 5 Early Years Lead Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF YORK COUNCIL
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.