Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Portsmouth, are looking for L3 Nursery Apprentice to join their team. You will work and interact directly with children on a day-to-day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities and assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes:
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Trainer
The training you will be getting
NCFE/CACHE L3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator including:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon completing your L3 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.