Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship CUMBRIA TRUCK CENTRE LIMITED
The WM Armstrong Ltd are a family run business who have built up a wealth of experience and are set up to transport anything. We are looking for a motor vehicle apprentice to expand our fast paced business. The ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn, strong communication skills, professionalism and strong problem solving skills. Duties include maintaining accurate records of services provided, repairs made, and parts used and more.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Jan 2024
20 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Learn and develop the ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical issues in vehicles using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Assist in performing repairs and routine maintenance on a variety of vehicles, including cars, trucks, and other motorized equipment.
- Attend training sessions and classes to acquire knowledge about vehicle systems, engine components, and advanced diagnostic techniques.
- Maintain accurate records of services provided, repairs made, and parts used. Learn to create detailed reports for future reference.
- Work closely with experienced technicians and other team members to learn best practices and gain hands-on experience.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a secure working environment. Learn about proper handling of tools and hazardous materials.
- Stay updated on industry trends, technological advancements, and new vehicle models. Keep abreast of changes in automotive technology.
- Ensure that all repairs and maintenance activities meet industry standards and quality requirements. Strive for excellence in every task.
- Ensure work area is cleaned after completing work.
- Ensure all customers are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously
The training you will be getting
You will be working towards a nationally recognised level 3 qualifcation in Motor Vehicle.
The training provider is Carlisle College which you will attend on day release.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
This apprenticeship can lead to a full time career in the motor vehicle industry.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
CUMBRIA TRUCK CENTRE LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.