Fantastic opportunity to work for an established logistics company, my client is an award-winning 3rd party logistics provider with over 25 years of experience, who have built a comprehensive range of logistics services across the UK and Europe. As part of your role you will be assisting the payroll function, and creating monthly payment runs.
Closing date: 17 Jan 2024
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
31 Jan 2024
20 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Established in 1984, my client is an award-winning 3rd party logistics provider with over 25 years of experience, who have built a comprehensive range of logistics services across the UK and Europe.
Their UK warehouse and operations are centrally located in Northamptonshire, which means 85% of the UK is accessible to them. Due to expansion, they are now looking for an eager individual to join their friendly, fast paced, growing team within the finance department.
The successful candidate will need to be motivated, reliable and show willingness to learn and progress within their career. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to join a supportive company as an Accounts apprentice.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Inputting supplier Invoices and raising sales Invoices.
- Assisting with cash flows.
- Providing cover for credit control and assistant accountant as required.
- Providing support in preparing statutory accounts and monthly management accounts.
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns.
- Assisting the Payroll function.
- Assisting the team in improving internal processes and procedures.
- Reconciling the bank accounts including credit cards, and expenses.
- Accounting for prepayments and accruals.
- Analyzing certain costs as required by the directors.
- Maintaining fixed asset register.
- Creating monthly payment runs.
- Raising ad hoc payments.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Have a great work ethic.
- Grade 4/C or above in Math’s and English.
- Great attention to detail.
This role is supported by the AAT level 3 apprenticeships standard delivered by Starting Off.
The training you will be getting
- AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting Level 3
- Remote training delivery
- 6 hours of dedicated training time every week
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible fulltime permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
LINKLINE TRANSPORT LTD
STARTING OFF LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.