Apprentice Sports Lighting Design Engineer HALLIDAY LIGHTING LTD
We are on the lookout for an Apprentice Design Engineer to join our team. At Halliday Lighting we see apprentices as key to the ongoing growth of our business. You will learn all aspect of CAD design including produce detailed Lighting impact calculations and drawings using AutoCAD for issue to clients.
Closing date: 15 Jan 2024
NMW for age group for this successful person
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
17 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To assist senior engineers carry out lighting designs for sports facilities
- To produce detailed Lighting impact calculations and drawings using AutoCAD for issue to clients
- To assist Lighting Designers and estimators inputting data onto the Halliday Lighting business management system
- To provide floodlight aiming drawings to the onsite engineers using AutoCAD
- To assist estimators and pricing personnel with measurements taken from cad drawings
- What we do on AutoCAD is much bespoke to the sports lighting industry and training will be provided so experience with these programs is not necessarily required
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) and Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Potentially a full time employment with this company upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.