Greencroft Lodge Dental Practice are seeking a hardworking Level 3 Dental Nurse to join their team. As an apprentice dental nurse, you will help out around the surgery cleaning instruments and customer care alongside some admin duties. You will be supporting patients, maintaining patient records and preparing equipment for dental surgery.
Closing date: 06 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
17 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Assisting the dentists and hygienist with clinical procedures
- Sterilisation and performing cross infection control after each patient
- Will learn reception skills and clerical duties. Will learn how to operate R4 clinical software
- Ensure that the dental surgery operates efficiently with stock control
- Training in medical emergencies and CPR
- Setting up and preparing the dental surgery for clinical sessions
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- 1 Day per week training in Newcastle
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Nurse pathway to progression upon qualification to develop skills to further qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.