This is a great opportunity for any candidate looking to enhance their skills working in a garage. You will be working with experienced members of staff on a daily basis in order to gain a qualification as an autocare technician.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
11 Dec 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Workshop cleanliness
- Following health and safety protocol
- Assisting technicians with services and repairs
- Tyre changes
- Helping to clean major components for reconditioning
The training you will be getting
- Auto Technician Level 2 Standard
- 30 months plus 3 months End Point Assessment
- On the job training provided for all practical elementsDay release college course at Leeds City College for academic study
- Mentor program offered, for both elements.
Overview of the Role:
An Auto-care Technician carries out a range of services and repairs to cars, car derived vans and light goods vehicles, working in an Auto-care or “Fast-Fit” Centre, which may be part of a national chain or operated by a regional/local independent group/owner. An Auto-care Technician requires a unique combination of technical, retail and customer service skills. They will use a range of tools, measuring and diagnostic equipment to identify & repair simple system faults.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Level 3 Qualification with options to progress within the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Desired
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Leeds City College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.