Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - North Walsall Primary Academy ACADEMY TRANSFORMATION TRUST
Work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, SEND Code of Practice and academy policies and procedures
Closing date: 14 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
15 Dec 2023
15 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Establish positive relationships with all students.
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop students’ competence and independence in its use.
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programs as agreed with the teacher, SENCO or Assistant SENCO, adjusting activities according to students’ responses as appropriate.
- Promote positive student behaviour in line with academy policies and help keep students on task.
- Interact with, and support students, according to individual needs and skills.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs and disabilities within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources.
- To participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour.
- Monitor and record student activities as appropriate, writing records and reports as required.
- To support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Assist with the development and implementation of pupil passports and pen portraits.
- To attend to pupils’ personal needs including help with social, welfare, physical and health matters, including minor first aid.
- To assist with the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources (in lessons).
- Liaise with other staff and provide information about students as appropriate.
- To supervise pupils for limited and specified periods including break-times when the postholder should facilitate games and activities (if applicable).
- To assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
- To support with examinations and assessments as required.
- To liaise in a professional manner with parents.
- To liaise with attendance officer.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
The training you will be getting
Apprenticeship Standard: Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Duration: 16 months
Training provider: LMP Group (Rated 3rd best apprenticeship training provider in the UK)
All online / remote learning, no class room or college day release
An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Full time job to be considered upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.