We are looking for a CNC laser apprentice to join our team in Cramlington. You will gain a wide and varied understanding of techniques along with programming skills.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
15 Dec 2023
7 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Manufacturing of products to quality standards to achieve KPI targets
- Reporting product, process and documentation issues to the Laser Manufacturing Supervisor
- Supporting continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
- Ensuring organisation and cleanliness of working area
- Assisting with maintenance of Company Quality Documents
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
You Will Gain:
- Gain a wide and varied understanding of machining techniques along with programming skills
- Work on exciting engineering projects
- Gain a skill for life
- Be exposed to exciting future career opportunities
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The right candidate may have the opportunity to become a professional CNC Laser Operator within a full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.