This is a new and exciting role for an enthusiastic and proactive candidate to join our small but very busy reception team here at the GP Practice. The role will be varied and challenging and will involve most business aspects in the day to day running of an NHS Surgery.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
26 Feb 2024
12 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Responsibilities will be varied and challenging but are aimed at supporting a busy medical surgery and, in particular, the business support team. Tasks could include:
- Receive and assist patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way
- Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Booking, cancelling all types of appointments/consultations and home visits
- Supporting general administration tasks that may include scanning of documents, photocopying records/notes, filing patient records and general accurate records keeping
- Liaising with various external NHS services such as the hospital and the district nursing team
The training you will be getting
The training you will be getting:
- Full Business Administrator Standard - Level 3
- On-the-job training to support role development
- Off-the-job training to support qualification requirements
- Employer to offer dedicated training time to support off-the-job training requirements.
- Functional Skills support - maths / English - if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possibility of future employment / progression opportunities upon successful completion of Level 3 qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*/9 - C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
St Agnes Surgery
FOCUS TRAINING (SW) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.