Velocity Academy have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Support Apprentice with Yorkshire Payments, a Independent Merchant Services based in Brighouse. Duties include: configuration of hardware / software installation on site and providing 1st line technical support to customers, via phone, email, and ticket system.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Fulltime time role – immediate start available Private Medical Insurance (after 6 months service) Death In service Cover Company Pension Scheme Plus, current additional company benefits and incentives.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
18 Dec 2023
15 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Demonstration of our services to potential customers in person and remotely
- Building customised Epos systems in line with customer requirements
- 1st line Technical support to customers, via phone, email, and ticket system
- Troubleshooting Epos/ Technical issues
- Diagnosing and resolving faults remotely
- Providing timely and accurate customer feedback
- Configuration of hardware / software
- Installation on site
- Management of own diary to build and install projects within SLA’s
- Stock taking and reporting
- Stock ordering and management.
The training you will be getting
Velocity apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, they will provide the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace and to expand future career prospects.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their programme.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 IT Support Technician, with training in how to:
· Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras.
· Address IT issues by prioritizing in response to customer service level agreements.
· Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets.
· Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications.
For a full list of programme modules visit: velocity-pt.co.uk
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
VELOCITY 1ST LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.