Equine Groom Apprentice SIRONA THERAPEUTIC HORSEMANSHIP CIO
Sirona Therapeutic Horsemanship are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as an Equine Groom Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into the Equine industry and develop new skills.
Closing date: 08 Jan 2024
£8,236.80 to £16,255.20
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
17 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The ideal candidate is positive and flexible and will be willing to work across five days possibly including some Saturdays.
The main duties include:
- Mucking out and field maintenance - muck picking, fencing, weed control etc
- Turning out and bringing in horses
- Feeding, grooming and assisting with clipping
- Changing rugs and tacking up
- Exercising horses and ponies both ridden and in-hand (ability to ride ponies under 14hh would be an advantage) and liberty, lunging and long reining - tuition included depending on experience
- Assisting instructors on therapeutic sessions if required
- Supporting volunteers and work experience students
- Keeping the yard and buildings clean and tidy
- Assisting with general running and managing yard duties including other animal care
- Assisting on events such as courses and open days
A successful employer interview will be followed by a trial period.
The training you will be getting
You will be working towards a Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship standard.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor.
You will be required to attend Duchy College Stoke Climsland on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to progress to a Level 3 apprenticeship and to secure further paid employment.
There may be an option to undertake a Level 3 Equine-Assisted Services qualification at Sirona if interested in Equine-Assisted Therapy/Learning as a future career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.