International Freight Forwarding Specialist (IFFS) Apprentice OUTPACE LOGISTICS LIMITED
The successful candidate will be conscientious, meticulous, hardworking and understand the value and importance of teamwork. An amazing opportunity to kick start your Freight Forwarding career & earn a recognised and respected Advanced Apprenticeship logistics qualification and BIFA Customs Essentials qualification as part of the journey.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Starting salary of between 15k and 18k depending on experience. This will be reviewed after 6 and 12 months and adjusted accordingly if the progression targets are met. We reward hard work!
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Jan 2024
14 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- An introduction to freight exports and imports
- To arrange and manage collections, delivery bookings on behalf of clients
- To keep clients and suppliers updated on progress of shipments
- To learn and manage customs clearance and customs formalities for both import and export shipments
- To learn document processing
- To learn and understand incoterms within the Freight Forwarding sector
- Work closely with clients, colleagues and third parties to ensure deadlines are met
- Learn and maintain a good knowledge or relevant international legislation and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- To ensure a high level of customer service is given at all times
- You will learn about either consolidation building, perishables or pharmaceuticals
The training you will be getting
The apprentice will be conducting 6 hours per week of training, that will allow them to work towards a Level 3 Qualification. The majority of the training will be conducted through online delivery.
Earn a recognised and respected Advanced International Freight Forwarding Specialist Apprenticeship logistics qualification and BIFA Customs Essentials qualification as part of your journey.
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
This is an amazing opportunity to kick start your Freight Forwarding career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
OUTPACE LOGISTICS LIMITED
SKILLS OFFICE NETWORK LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.