Zero 1 Exhibitions are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working Sign Technician to join our in-house graphics department. Whilst working towards the Signage Level 3 Apprenticeship, you will to help create and install all graphic elements of our stands. This role would suit a determined, ambitious character with good computer and numeracy skills.
Closing date: 20 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Jan 2024
15 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Your daily role will include;
- Creating/manipulating artwork using Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop ready for print
- Using large format printers
- Laminating and mounting prints
- Using a Vinyl cutting machine.
- Weeding and taping up vinyl graphics.
- Producing 3D signage
- Driving our van to and from installation sites
- Use trade tools and skills to fit all types of signage including vinyl graphics, Foamex prints, large banners, silicone edge prints and 3d lettering, mainly at height
The training you will be getting
- Signage Technician Apprenticeship Standard level 3 - Training is delivered virtually through Microsoft teams once per week
- Functional Skills maths and English where neceassary.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- There is a potential full-time position offered to the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.