Velocity Academy have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with FootfallCam, a technology company based in Guildford. Duties include offering both a prompt response and a proactive resolution to all support issues within the SLA and answering customer support calls in a timely, clear and professional manner.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
01 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
A dynamic role, where you will learn and develop various skills and knowledge required for a successful career in IT and customer service. Dealing with colleagues and customers both in the UK and around the world. Will involve assisting the team in varied aspects, including device configuration, customer and IT support.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Offering both a prompt response and a proactive resolution to all support issues within the SLA
- Answering customer support calls in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Assisting customer as first line technical support to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve the simple issues (for example, checking network details, troubleshoot network connection, username and password)
- Promptly escalate more complex issues to second line technical team
- Support our engineers on setting up the network within the device during installation
- Configure network details on devices (set up IP address, gateway, port forwarding etc.)
- Configure new devices to SQL database on our server
- As the internal IT support to maintain the network within the office and to assist in setting up ad hoc devices into our office network
The training you will be getting
Information communications technician Level 3 (A level)
Velocity apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, they will provide the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace and to expand future career prospects.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their programme.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 IT Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras
- Address IT issues by prioritizing in response to customer service level agreements
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
For a full list of programme modules visit: velocity-pt.co.uk
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to continue with a higher level of apprenticeship (eg. Level 4-6) or to progress into full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
VELOCITY 1ST LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.