Childcare Apprentice at Christopher Robin Day Nurseries: Cranleigh (Level 3) Christopher Robin Day Nurseries
Are you enthusiastic and passionate about working with young children? Do you want a career in childcare? This role at Christopher Robin Day Nurseries will allow you to join our fantastic team as an apprentice where you will work towards becoming an Early Years Educator (Level 3).
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
If under 18 years of age you will work 40 hours per week and pay will be prorated.
Total hours per week: 42.5
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
10 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Apprentices will be supervised, supported and mentored by our highly trained managers and staff, and your responsibilities will include applying the knowledge and understanding gained through your course in:
- Involvement in planning and supervising child-initiated and adult-led activities which are based on the needs and interests of each individual child to support and encourage growth and challenge in all areas of learning and development
- Supervised key person duties to help ensure each child feels safe and secure
- Supervised observation of children and developing a full range of strategies to shape their learning experience to reflect your observations
- Working collaboratively within a team to meet the care needs of the individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine
- Working in partnership with team members, parents and / or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard which includes the following qualifications and End Point Assessment:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Apprentices must successfully complete the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Knowledge of the following: EYFS, safeguarding, diversity, equality and inclusion, young children’s development, importance of play, communicating with babies and young children, supporting the health and wellbeing of children, supporting children with special educational needs
The training will require the completion of work outlined by the training provider and regular attendance at the selected workplace: Christopher Robin Day Nursery, Parsonage Road, Cranleigh GU6 7AN.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once you have completed your Level 3 apprenticeship then you can be considered for a full-time position at the nursery as a qualified Level 3 Early Years Educator.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
JANCETT CHILDCARE & JACE TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.