Trade Supplier Apprentice (Stockport SK5) EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity to join the team at this Electrical Wholesalers in Stockport. The candidate will start in the warehouse and move to the trade counter serving customers and the sales office. We are looking for a candidate who wants to progress in the business.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2023
Salary will start at £7.49 per hour and range up to £10.42.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
03 Jan 2024
10 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Summary of the Apprenticeship Role:
As a Trade Supplier Apprentice, you will be working in all aspects of the business from stock control, customer service and sales. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone like you to start your career in the Electrical Wholesale sector.
We are looking for a highly motivated apprentice to join our busy branch.
After full training, responsibilities will include:
- Managing stock in and out
- Picking and packing customer orders
- Liaising with customers on the trade counter
- Store transfers & stock control
- Completing the sales paperwork in the office
- Raising quotations
- Taking payments
- Sales calls to customers/suppliers
- Processing orders on the computer system
- Answering customer enquires
The training you will be getting
- As an apprentice you will complete a Trade Supplier Level 2 qualification with a national training provider
- Your apprenticeship training will focus on your job, is completed at the workplace, and you will be allocated a tutor and a study session in your working week
Components of the Trade Supplier Level 2 Apprenticeship:
- Competence/Knowledge based qualification
- Functional Skills - maths/ English (if required)
- End Point Assessment – Final Knowledge Test, Observation and Discussion
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Excellent opportunity for the right person upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LEARNING SKILLS PARTNERSHIP LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.