Empire House Dental Surgery are looking to offer a dental nurse position in their hardworking team. They are looking for a dedicated, and enthusiastic individual to join this popular practice. You will assist the dental team in the day to day running of the practice. If you are looking for an exciting career in dental nursing, then apply today.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
13 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
As a Dental Nurse, you are responsible for providing general chair side assistance to the Dentist while maintaining the day to day running requirements of the practice and its patients.
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day-to-day activity:
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentists and hygienist while treating the patient, under their supervision
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Continually interpret the needs of the patients and dentists or hygienist, and deal with them promptly and efficiently
- Building relationships with patients
- Managing patient appointments
- Making sure all equipment is Sterilised and ready before procedures and treatments
- Reception duties
The training you will be getting
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom-based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development. We will be offering oral health practitioner level 4 and practice manager level 4 as possible progressions once you have completed your dental nurse apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.