Apprentice Workshop Engineer/Technician EUROMEC CONTRACTS LTD
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Workshop Engineer / Technician. You will need to be passionate about engineering, keen to learn, be motivated to achieve success. As an Apprentice Workshop Engineer / Technician, you will learn how to service, repair and maintain a wide range of ground care and industrial machines.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
An enhanced salary of £13,520 is offered, which is above the Government Apprentice rate.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
13 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Be trained to service, repair and maintain a wide range of groundcare and industrial machines
- Working at becoming competent to carry out mechanical and electrical diagnostics
- Learn administrative procedures and how to complete worksheets, timesheets etc
- Attending all required training courses (internal and external)
- Understand and adhere to all health and safety procedures
- To build and maintain good relationships with customers, colleagues and managers
- Completing your college work on time and to the expected standards
- Working closely with us to achieve your qualifications
The training you will be getting
You will be trained in all aspects of service engineering within the company, getting hands-on with hydraulics, electrics and engines, putting your skills to the test daily to find the problem and fix it.
Work shadow a colleague and develop an understanding of workshop procedures through on the job training.
Attend manufacturers training and other training courses as appropriate.
- Block release to SMB College Group, Brooksby Campus
- On-the-job training
- Off the job training
- Apprentice will be working towards a Level 3 Land Based Service Engineering Technician
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
To become a fully competent Service Engineer, working towards becoming a Master Tech.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EUROMEC CONTRACTS LTD
THE SMB GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Land-based service engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.