This is a fabulous opportunity for a hard working, reliable apprentice to join our specialist engineering business and help with the day to day running of the office. The varied role involves working closely with and supporting all areas of the office team. Whilst on the apprenticeship you will work towards a level 3 Business Admin qualification.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2023
The advertised salary is a guideline only - but this will depend on age and prior experience and could be subject to negotiation and change.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
09 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a innovative, successful and well established specialist engineering company, whilst working towards a level 3 Business Administration qualification. The aim will be to develop and have more responsibility as the apprenticeship progresses, the role will include some of the following tasks:
- General administrative duties
- Filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying, and scanning of documents
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Use of our own CRM Software
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Checking of invoices against delivery notes
- Closing job sheets on Sage
- Ordering of stationary
- Managing of internal and external mail
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Helping to keep the office space clean and tidy
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives. Full training will be given.
The training you will be getting
As a business administration apprentice, you will complete the following qualifications as part of your apprenticeship:
- Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English if equivalents are not already achieved
- You will also develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work within an office environment
- This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working time will be dedicated towards training and learning new skills
- You will be allocated a tutor who will provide you with personal support and assessment at pre-arranged times
- Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions
- All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Progression to a full time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
C.M.S. VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.